Here is a list of things you’ll need for your Intex EasySet Pool. If you have a pool then the chlorine tablets, filters and pump are the main things you’ll need to get.Continue reading →
I really love this pool. Never thought I’d say that. Here we are 6 years into having it. It’s been perfect until now. We started getting some tiny air leaks in the ring. We’ve patched them but it may be too much to deal with next year. We’ll see!!!
Here’s a link to the patch kit:
Your first week with your Intex EasySet Pool should be relatively quiet. If this is year 2+ for your pool like me you’re going to see your pool filter look like mine in the video.
It’s a simple fix. Clean it with the hose and reuse it. Also, clean the dirty water out of the pump (just pour it out like I did). Viola! You’re back in business.Continue reading →
This is the 6th year for my pool. Here are the steps that I’ve taken to install the pool.
- Make sure you have a nice level yard
- Lay a tarp down
- Lay your pool down and clean it
- Blow up the ring
- Install the inlet/outlets and shutoff valves (don’t forget to make sure the drain plugs are closed!)
- Add water – push out the bottom with your feet while filling (don’t go crazy with it – you just want to remove wrinkles) 10 inches is good if you’re like me and have water delivered.
- Have water delivered
- Hook up pump
This is an often overlooked and terrible mistake that people make with Intex EasySet Pools. These pools last and are very reliable BUT you need to be sure you don’t make this mistake.Continue reading →
Call me crazy.. a lot of people do, but I plant new grass EVERY year after I take down my Intex EasySet Pool.
Part of it is because maybe, just maybe, I won’t put up the pool the next year. Ya never know! It will be a sad day when my kids don’t ask me “when are you putting up the pool?”. I love doing that for them.
Our pool has lasted 5 years now and it still looks brand new.
Honestly, it takes me an hour to put it up at the beginning of Summer and about an hour or so to take it down. Not a big deal!
After year FIVE with our EasySet pool I’ll show you how I take it down and store it.
TRY #2 – Custom Vacuum contraption.
After my first vacuum rig job (linked here) fell apart while using it, I went back to the drawing board. I used what I had lying around the house.
Normal weekly maintenance for my Intex EasySet Pool is simple.
1. Check the Chlorine Tablets – I make sure I have at least 2 full tablets but no more than 3 tablets total in the floater.
2. Check the pool filter – clean if necessary.